|l i a m • R O E (exorcisms) wrote,|
@ 2015-10-06 19:14:00
short lyric/quote here.
FULL NAME: Liam Austin Roe
DOB: March 17th
PLACE OF BIRTH: Bayou LaFourche, Louisiana
ROLE Exorcist / Templar Knight
MARITAL STATUS: seeing Isabelle Moreau
SEXUALITY: Heterosexual | Kinsey 2
PARENTS: Alan & Gina Roe
SIBLINGS: brother; Martin
OTHER: cousin; Samantha (currently in Rome)
• His name is pretty well known in the South, and among the Hunter community in general, as an exorcist -- whether people take it seriously or not is entirely up to them.
• Used to gator hunt with his younger brother, Marty, for a few bucks.
• He isn't cowardly, but he's not going to outright provoke another being without good reason, or the spells to back him up. (He rarely has the spells.)
• This unfortunately hasn't saved him from getting beaten up more times than he can count. He is a "regular" at the local ER, wherever he's currently stationed.
• Has a white Enochian banishment sigil tattooed on the palm of his right hand to help with exorcisms. Liam has self-proclaimed this his Right Hand of Doom. He gets it touched up annually or whenever needed.
• His left hand (and to a lesser extent inner forearm) however, is covered in scars from cutting his palm open in order to make blood sigils while working. In the past this has put him in psych wards of hospitals.
• It could be argued that Liam is somewhat mentally unstable, with the impromptu fits of laughter in dangerous situations and the constant oddball comments - but it is all certainly an act to be underestimated.
• Would conjure up a Mogwai if he could (thankfully he cannot, and hasn't found a witch capable of doing so) because they're adorable and not at all dangerous just misunderstood.
• Is probably the only Cajun in existence who doesn't like frogs or frog legs.
• Absolutely terrible with a gun. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and isn't fond of them.
• While the respect is there, he's not too intimidated by angels anymore. Raphael still makes him uncomfortable, though.
• Exorcized Nova's brother, Zachary, a few years ago back in Georgia.
The eldest Roe male born to wealthy parents - a ship engineer and a registered nurse - in Bayou Lafourche, Louisiana. Growing up, from the very start, Liam was very peculiar - he had numerous imaginary friends that got married and had kids of their own. He was extremely social and talked to everyone, though it was hard to keep friends through elementary school as even at a young age he was somewhat eccentric and "mindful" of the supernatural. With the addition of a little brother, an essential "mini me" - he was thrilled, and gladly took up the role of older brother.
Liam held a fascination with planes rather than sports or girls throughout school. His father had come home one day to find him stationed on the roof of their house terrorizing the neighborhood children, as well as dogs, with an rc airplane. Frequently his parents had to keep him from pushing his brother Marty off of their deck in homemade planes. Then at age fourteen, during an annual fair and air show, Liam actually commandeered a small puddle-jumper plane. Seeing the plane had been unguarded, and based on his obsession of the machines, he had every confidence that he could fly it. And he did, for fifteen minutes before landing it quite bumpily -- in the bayou. However the whole thing was extremely frowned upon by the local authorities as well as the plane's owner - his parents though, were not surprised and he only got grounded for six months.
Unbeknownst to Liam or Marty, the Roe brothers were descendants of a centuries-old Templar Knight legacy - and they were watched as children by both sides. An "Uncle" here and there that they only saw maybe once a year, their father never sharing stories about their Grandfather's worldly travels and interesting collectibles or books. When Liam was eight years old, and Marty just a wee three years, Liam had a resurgence of his 'imaginary friends' - which ironically was around the same time Marty began to sleep walk. His imaginary friends were demons in disguise, and did all they could to tempt the Roe boys and separate them - after all, two Templars were more dangerous than one. Liam recognized something wasn't right and confronted his fiendish friends, demanding they leave him and Marty alone. Thinking it worked, Liam watched on as his parents then death with Marty developing sleep paralysis and bouts of night terrors.
During high school is when Liam finally got into witchcraft and the supernatural - after going to a carnival and getting his fortune read. From then on he was intrigued and inspired; and curious about what was possibly plaguing his younger brother. He stole some of his grandfather's old books. Toward the middle of his senior year at Louisiana State University, Marty fell suddenly ill and became a recluse. Naturally their parents did everything they could to try and help but the youngest Roe was starting to lash out violently which was very uncharacteristic. Turns out his brother had gotten into some trouble and had pissed off a bad witch who just so happened to have her hand in dealing with demons. Upon graduating college with a degree in science, his brother got worse, and after two months of mental and even physical deterioration - Liam attempted an exorcism. It was a stab in the dark really, but it was his last hope for his brother. During this troubling time is when the Knights Templar finally reached out to Liam, explaining the Roe lineage and their responsibilities. Of course whether or not to continue their grandfather's work was no real question for Liam, especially not if it helped save his brother. It took Liam three whole days, as he only vaguely knew what he was doing - using what he'd gathered from the old occult books, and going off what he saw in numerous movies - but he eventually cast the demon out.
Officially a Templar, Liam did the best possible thing he could think of - he left home, moving across the country to Washington in order to protect his family from unwanted supernatural attention. Little did he know, his baby brother Marty had already been tagged by the Ordo Templi Orientis, sworn enemies of the Templars and much of the supernatural community itself. He got smarter with facing the demon horde of Hell, using his magical knowledge to increase the potency of his exorcisms -- even getting a tattoo on his right palm. Despite moving, Liam still traveled the country and eventually the globe, taking on numerous missions and possession cases - making a name for himself as an exorcist.
While in Seattle, the Vatican deemed it necessary that he and Nerida oversee a surge in supernatural events plaguing the city. Upon realizing the city was a magnet for supernatural beings and phenomenon alike, the revelation that his baby brother had turned to OTO, finally hit Liam. While it almost cost Marty his life, ties were cut with OTO, and while it almost lost Liam his credibility - he convinced the Vatican to see Marty’s membership as a mistake, and not treason. Unfortunately this meant Marty was summoned to Rome to answer for his mistakes, and for rehabilitation. On top of it all, he noticed that exorcisms weren’t working as they should be. Demons were seemingly “returning” in new hosts. They soon were put in contact with Archangels who informed them that Heaven and Hell were closed for the time being, and that Purgatory no longer exist.
It was a big problem from the start that inevitably got bigger as time went on. The cases he took became more complex as demons were no longer sent to Hell, just evicted from their hosts. It left Liam having to do a lot more aftercare than he was used to, and to rely on his good friend, the Archbishop of St. Mars, to help.
The Templars in Seattle have since reached out to the Men of Letters, Liam pleased to learn that Nova was assigned to the city as well though less than thrilled to discover that Zach was Lucifer's true vessel. And that Lucifer was also in Seattle. They met at a Halloween party, had a nice albeit awkward conversation. From then, Nerida discovered Excalibur and Liam tried to take on a Knight of Hell — which put him in coma and rattled his faith.
short lyric/quote here.
• As a Templar Knight, Liam has taken on the responsibility of fighting to protect the secrets of the Church and supernatural world much like the Roe family has done since the Crusades.
• Trained as a Templar in hand to hand combat and given a blade blessed by the Pontiff.
• Possesses some basic magical skill; however, it is strictly for use as protection, demon expulsion, and summoning angels/beings/deities.
• Experienced in identifying legitimate possessions as well as performing exorcisms. While starting out self-taught with nothing but his father's Roman Ritual, and his faith -- Liam received training in Vatican City (and is technically ordained) in order to perform the Rite of Exorcism.
• Fluent in Latin, and can understand Enochian but attempting to speak it outside of spells makes him sound like a child learning to talk Many a supernatural beings have laughed in his face as a result.
TIMEZONE: EST / work various shifts
PB: Misha Collins